Contact our Information Line for free, confidential and impartial information on a range of subjects relating to deaf issues, hearing loss and tinnitus.
- 0808 808 0123
- Text message
- 0780 000 0360
- Relay UK
- 18001 then 0808 808 0123
- 0808 808 9000
- Information Line, RNID, 9 Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6XU
The Information Line is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We aim to reply to emails and text messages within 1 working day.
For information and support in British Sign Language (BSL), contact our BSL Information Service to arrange a signed video call.
How we can help
Our trained Information Line Officers can provide information and support on all topics relating to hearing loss and deafness, including:
- what to do if you think you may have hearing loss
- what can help if you’ve just been diagnosed with hearing loss
- ear problems and treatments
- types and causes and causes of hearing loss
- getting hearing aids and making the most out of them
- what benefits and services you may be entitled to
- deaf awareness – including communication tips
- different types of communication support and how to book
- technology and assistive devices that can help
- your rights in relation to the Equality Act 2010 and the Human Rights Act
- services in your area.
We can also provide information on:
- how you can support friends, relatives, staff or customers who are Deaf or have hearing loss
- the work of RNID.
Information in alternative formats
If you need information in Braille, audio or large print, please let us know.
The RNID Information Line is a member of the Helplines Partnership, which is the membership body for organisations that provide helpline services.
To make sure you receive a high standard of customer service, our supervisors sometimes listen in to Information Line calls for training purposes. All our Information Line staff work within our confidentiality policy. If you’re not happy for a supervisor to listen in to your call, please let us know when you phone us.