We’re looking for post-doctoral researchers or early career fellows, from research institutes in any country, to join our virtual Innovation Seed Fund review panel.
About the opportunity
Through our Innovation Seed Fund, we support valuable small-scale activities that will strengthen hearing research in new and unexpected ways.
By being a member of our review panel, you will:
- help us to make decisions about which Innovation Seed Fund projects to support
- gain valuable experience of peer-reviewing applications
- support our work to find treatments for hearing loss and tinnitus.
The scheme runs once a year and awards are usually made in March. We will therefore ask panel members to assess applications in January or February each year. We expect the number of applications each panel member will assess in each grant round to be 5 or 6.
We will provide guidance on how to assess the applications, and the information we would like you to provide to help us make our funding decisions.
Please note: this is a virtual peer-review panel. We will ask members to provide their assessment of a subset of the applications we receive and provide feedback to RNID. There will be no formal panel meeting to attend; RNID will make the final funding decisions based on your feedback.
Panel members will be invited to join for 3 years in the first instance. We may then ask them to remain on the panel for a further 2 years.
We welcome applications to join our panel from early-career researchers across all disciplines of hearing research.
You should be:
- A post-doc or an early-career fellow (equivalent clinicians who are active in hearing research are also welcome to apply)
- Working in a field relevant to our research programme
- Looking to gain experience of peer reviewing applications
- Affiliated with a university, research institute, hospital or other independent organization anywhere in the world
How to apply
If you would like to join our Innovation Seed Fund review panel, please email [email protected] by Wednesday 13 December 2023 and provide:
- a brief covering statement (no more than 500 words)
- a CV including details of your research/clinical experience.
In your covering statement, please include:
- a brief summary of your research interests and experience
- any previous experience of peer reviewing or assessing applications.
We will assess all applications after the deadline and contact you before Christmas with the outcomes.
For more information about the Innovation Seed Fund review panel, please get in touch.
- 020 3227 6158
- [email protected]