You may be feeling more anxious or worried because of the coronavirus outbreak. It’s important to look after yourself at this time.
There is information and advice online with tips and simple steps you can take to look after your wellbeing and mental health. There are also helplines you can contact if you are worried about anything and would like to speak to someone.
If you have noticed a change in your tinnitus due to anxiety or stress, see our information on managing tinnitus and stress.
Online help and support
- The NHS has tips to help if you are worried about the coronavirus and advice about staying at home
- Mind have resources on how you can look after your wellbeing during this time
- Mental Health Foundation has tips on how to manage your mental health during the coronavirus
- Samaritans has gathered some resources that may be helpful if you are feeling anxious
- Rethink Mental Illness has an online hub with practical support and information.
- The NHS has a list of helplines and support groups that may be able to help if you are worried about your mental health.
- SignHealth has a free crisis text service for Deaf people.
- You can contact Samaritans for free by phone, email or post.
If you have any worries about managing your hearing loss or tinnitus, you can also contact our friendly Information Line.
Relay UK and speech to text (STT) apps
If you are making a call, you may find it useful to use Relay UK. Relay UK uses a live relay assistant to help people who are Deaf, have hearing loss or who are speech-impaired communicate over the phone.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, Relay UK are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. You may have to wait longer than usual for an advisor to join your call.
Speech to text (STT) apps
You may also find speech to text apps or software helpful. They allow you to read a transcription of everything that is said in a conversation.
Speech to text apps include:
Last year we asked 40 people who have hearing loss to help us test some speech to text apps. You can read the review of these apps here.