This year, our staff and volunteers have provided support to people who called or emailed our contact centre, as well as those who have used our on-the-ground services.
Here are some of our highlights.
- In 2022, our amazing volunteers gave more than 5,800 hours of their time to support people in their communities with practical information and support with hearing aids.
- From January to November this year, our hearing aid support and information staff and volunteers have supported people more than 34,500 times.
- We secured funding for three new services in Scotland (Glasgow, Borders and Shetland) providing hearing aid support, hearing checks and information
- 1 trustee and 2 of our volunteers in Northern Ireland were recognised in the Queen’s birthday honours. Read our news story about the Queen’s birthday honours
- Our most successful information event was an information stand at the Balmoral Show in Lisburn, Northern Ireland where we provided information to more than 1,600 people across four days.
- Our updated and improved contact centre went live in January, which has helped us respond to more than 1,600 enquiries per month. In total this year we have supported over 21,000 requests to our contact centre, where we have offered advice for people seeking advice about hearing aids, accessibility, and their rights.
More like this
A look back at our campaign successes in 2022
This year, together with our amazing supporters, we have achieved great success in several campaigns, which are already having a huge positive effect on the deaf community and people with hearing loss.