- Location: remote – Isle of Wight
- Salary: £9,880.00 per annum (FTE £17,290.00 per annum).
- Hours: 20
- Contract type: fixed term ends 31 March 2022
- Deadline: 6 December 2021
- Interview Date: TBC
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
To provide the administrative infrastructure that will enable the Sensory Service Team to deliver support to individuals living with sensory loss and their network of family and friends, and their work in raising awareness of sensory loss amongst community groups, business, statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Support team members in the delivery of an efficient and effective sensory service through the day to day running and maintenance of office and administrative procedures. This will include meeting visitors to the office, managing phone calls and queries, taking messages, liaising with external agencies and internal teams with regards to office maintenance, including RNID Estates Administrator, ensuring health and safety processes are adhered to and arranging travel for team members to the mainland.
- Provide basic advice and information regarding the Teams’ role and activities to service users, professionals, and members of the public, eight on the phone, through email, or directly with visitors to office.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other material when required for team members. Working with the Service Manager and other team members, to prepare for meetings by updating diaries, drafting agendas, collating papers, taking and distributing minutes as requested.
- Support Sensory Service Team in training/supporting office volunteers, carrying out administrative processes’ for new volunteers including reference requests, DBS checks and support for arranging induction.
- Maintain and manage stock control and purchasing system (Proactis) for equipment loaned to clients and service users, including the returns of faulty/broken equipment.
- Assist Service Manager with budget control, raising purchase orders, managing spreadsheet records, petty cash and banking procedures.
- To support the registration of people using the Service onto the IOW Council’s PARIS Computer System where appropriate.
- Other duties include supporting information days and similar events when required, acting as Fire Marshall, occasional travel to mainland for peer group meetings, training, and other events.
- To complete other duties and responsibilities when requested, which are commensurate with this role.
More about this role:
- Based in Newport, Isle of Wight the Sensory Service team give free information and support to people with hearing or sight difficulties or both; their family and friends; and the staff of any services they use. The aim is to help anyone with a sensory loss live safely and independently.
- Our services are provided under contract to the Isle of Wight Council. Please note that this contract is due to be re-tendered from 31 March 2022.
- This post is hybrid home/office based
- Remote working across the Isle of Wight.
- A willingness to maintain continual professional development and participate in training as required.
- Able to work in the office on your own from time to time.
- Core working hours: Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.00 with occasional weekend work (flexible working hours if required).
- Providing full administrative support to a busy team, including typing letters, entering data, speaking on the phone, and managing visitors to the office with requests for information from people using the service.
- Attention to detail and used to working to a high standard.
- Able to manage and maintain confidentiality of personal information
- Experience of working in customer focused service
- Understanding of office health and safety matters.
Qualifications / Professional Training
- Recognised qualification in computer literacy/typing.
- Educated to a recognised standard or equivalent in English.
- Comfortable with managing figures in preparing invoices and data for reports.
- Practical experience and understanding of MS office suite, including Outlook, Teams, Word document creation, mail merge, and management of electronic filing.
- Able to prepare Excel spreadsheet, use formulas to prepare graphs and manage data for preparing reports.
- Able to prioritise tasks and manage own workload.
- Knowledge and experience of using Databases.
- Working with volunteers or experience of volunteering.
- Helpful and friendly disposition, treating people with warmth, dignity and understanding.
- Calm approach with people, showing kindness and care.
- Able to communicate clearly and easily with people from a wide variety of backgrounds face to face, using online platforms and via text, email, and telephone.
- Willing to listen carefully to other team members, sharing insights, ideas and acting with integrity.
- Flexible approach to work. Willing to embrace new ideas and processes.
What we can offer you
- 28 days annual leave plus all bank holidays
- 2 wellbeing days to use when
- Maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements
- Sickness benefit entitlement from day 1
- Fully remote working with no core hours
- £20 remote working allowance
- Quarterly staff conferences
- Employee assistance programme that provides counselling sessions
- Pension scheme with 4% employer contribution