- Salary: £15’600 – £17’200 (FTE £19’500 – £21’500) per annum
- Hours: 28 hours per week
- Contract type: Permanent
- Location: Hull & East Riding of Yorkshire
- Application deadline: 22 August 2022 at 12noon
- Interview Dates: TBC
We are RNID. Together we’ll make life more inclusive for deaf people and those with hearing loss or tinnitus.
Our charity has been through a complete transformation, while building on the best of our past. We’ve returned to our former, much-loved name, become wholly remote working, and established a new strategy, focused on reaching the 12 million people in the UK who are deaf or have hearing loss and the 7 million who have tinnitus.
We are creating a radically different culture which is externally focused, curious, evidence-based, deliberate, agile, and future orientated. Our values are at the heart of what we do.
We strive to be and continue to connected to our communities, insightful and confident in what we do and who we are, curious in everything we do and passionate about our purpose.
This role is important to us and this is where you come in…
We are looking to appoint a motivated person with a keen interest in supporting people with their hearing loss by offering:
- practical hearing aid support
- information on hearing loss and tinnitus
- hearing checks
You will be able to recruit, train and manage a team of volunteers and deliver the service across Hull and East Riding. While you will be home based, there will be regular travel to venues where we provide drop-in clinics, home and care home visits.
You want to make a difference in people’s lives and love to interact with various audiences, including volunteers, care professionals and service users. You are able to physically assist clients with hearing aids sensitively, giving clear guidance and taking into account individual wishes and health needs.
You are ready to work for a home-working organisation and have good IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word.
What we can offer you
- 28 days annual leave plus all bank holidays
- Plus 2 wellbeing days for extra flexibility
- Sickness benefit entitlement from day 1
- Fully remote working with no core hours
- £26 remote working allowance every month
- Three in person whole staff conferences a year
- Pension scheme with 4% employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme that provides counselling sessions
- Additional benefits for maternity, paternity and adoption
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to supporting our staff including making reasonable adjustments. If you require support to apply for or fulfil the requirements of this role, please inform us so we can discuss the options with you.